Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twas the Week Before Christmas


DAY FOUR

GINGERBREAD/ZOO


Cale and I decided that we needed a second try at making a Gingerbread House. Our first attempt last year was mediocre at best...we could barely get the candies to stay on, let alone keep the house upright!


We did a MUCH better job this year...and I guess all I really needed to do last year was read the directions! Imagine that!

Turns out, in order for your house to stay upright you have to wait for about 30min after it's been assembled to actually begin the decorating process...that way, the frosting has had time to "bond" and the walls stay UP!!!

Seriously don't know how I missed that one last year.



....30min later....

the decorating has begun

Cale is giving Keegyn a lesson on how to make the candy "stick."

Must say, it's the first time that I've actually seen her take his advice!


Finished!!!





OFF TO THE ZOO




...Cale is giving me a lesson on the crocs powerful jaws...

(at least I think that's what he was talking about by the looks of this picture..I kinda got distracted!)




When venturing into a dark cave, holding hands is best

(Cale couldn't have been more excited about this..he loves taking care of his sister)

Looking for the Jungle Birds


I just had to take this picture to remind me of the oddity of this Christmas season....Dec 20th...32 degrees...NO SNOW!!!!


Time to measure their wingspans!



Cale wanted to take a picture with me to thank me for bringing them to the zoo!! Man I love this guy!



Shhhhhh....don't wake the slumbering bears




Our last stop of the day...Tigers....by this time, despite the 32 degree temperature and NO SNOW, we were still cold and needed to get some HOT CHOCOLATE!!!



































1 comment:

Ash and Brad Willis said...

What a fun week you guys had! Looking forward to the xmas eve/day blog! :) So sad we couldn't be together this year, but next year for sure!