Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting Cale's haircut has been no easy task over the past 2 and a half years. I've probably mentioned before that I absolutely HATE haircut days. Cale would SCREAM at the top of his lungs the ENTIRE time....even managing to puke once from crying so hard....usually we only would get as far as the dry heaves! So, needless to say, every time we went I would always tell the girls to cut it as short as possible, without making him look bald, cuz it would be awhile till we would venture back!
But, to my very pleasant surprise, Cale has suddenly grown up overnight and today, at the haircut place, he walked in to the store without me pulling him by the jacket, and there were no tears to be wiped. NONE!!!
I did, of course, bribe him with the chance to get a treat afterwards if he behaved like a big boy....but I did that EVERY other time as well and it never worked.
Playing with the toys to pass the time until it was our turn. Normal behavior. Typically he's all fun until his name is called...then all hell breaks loose......NOT TODAY!!!As you can see, we were in DESPERATE need of a good ole' haircut. It was becoming a bit unruly...and Cale did try to get out of it by saying "but I kinda like it long." (I don't have as quite a big of a problem with "long" per se....but "faux mohawk" which he appears to be pulling off here, is not doing it for me.)
So, here is where I thought he was gonna lose it. The lip began to quiver and the eyes began to water....but so far, so good.....

Who is this kid????? Certainly not mine!!!


Being patient with Sarah....but also still a bit tense...although at this point he was actually more worried about her getting hair on his sucker than anything else.....He was actually busy watching the movie for once! (Normally, this is about the time where the dry heaves come out...)


OH MY GOD!!! What is this????!!!! Cale is LAUGHING?????? Sarah has the touch, let me tell you! She kept asking Cale is he liked eating spiders and snakes --Cale apparently thought this was hilarious!!! Who would have guessed!

Finished product!!! Two pounds less of hair...one cheesy smile!!!


Again, I could not disappoint....here we are at Panera to get his blueberry muffin....Gretchen bought him some blueberry muffins for breakfast the other day when we stopped by to see her and he has not been able to stop talking about the dang things since then! So he got his treat and we had to buy one to bring home for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks, Gretch!


You COULD use your hands...but why????









1 comment:

Katie Benson said...

way to go Cale!... I can actually feel how proud you must have felt because I LOVE those pleasant surprises like that... you just never know do you!?! So cool that he decided to be okay with that. Seriously, ppl who have kids that are "okay with stuff" just don't know how easy they have it!